Scenarios to opt for a dedicated server.
Enterprise customers may need a Dedicated Server sooner than later to ensure smooth and secure functioning of online activities, with the desired flexibility of system and applications, with 100% control of what the server does. This allows businesses to implement their IT needs meeting the business goal.
Many small or medium shared hosting customers find it tough to notice that their current hosting server is not able to cope up with their growth. More visitors, more bandwidth, more server resource need means more business. A time comes, when it is advised to move such growing sites from shared web hosting platform to a dedicated server.
At times, deployment of proprietary applications, OS and application tweaking is required server wide which will not be possible on the shared web servers.
If your business depends on the online presence, you run a profitable e-commerce site, you gather and disseminate sensitive data then it is better to be on secured dedicated server instead of using budget hosting servers. Its your Land and Building rather than a shared business cubicles.
A Dedicated server offers following benefits
- If you rent a dedicated server, you get an entire server and network connection to yourself. Your website does not share server resources, disk space, network traffic like shared hosting plans.
- Flexibility and Software With shared hosting , you will have limited access to the operating system, and software applications will be limited to those, which are pre-installed by us. If you want to be able to install and run your own advanced, customized e-commerce or database applications you will probably need a dedicated server. The whole CPU and memory is at your disposal. You can install whatever programs and software that you wish.
If you are using a shared server, your upgrade options are limited. Your are allowed to increase the amount of disk space or bandwidth available to your site but that is all. You will not be able to upgrade the hard drive, RAM, processors, or software applications yourself. When you are using a dedicated server, you can do all of these things. Add one or more dedicated IP addresses. The additional bandwidth usually costs much less compared to a sharing hosting plan.
Information on a shared server is likely to be less secure than information on a dedicated server. A dedicated server can also be provided with its own firewall. If you are storing highly sensitive information on your server, this increased security will obviously be a high priority.
- Server Response Times, CPU Power, Performance.
The server response times on a shared hosting arrangement depend on what is happening with the other sites hosted on the server. There might be occasions in which a given user will take all the CPU and/or RAM and the server performance can suffer greatly, even a server can go down. These interruptions will be outside your control on a shared server. With a dedicated server, on the other hand, you alone are responsible for managing, and planning for, traffic levels and other events that may affect server response times.
Disadvantages of Dedicated Servers
- Dedicated servers are more expensive to rent than shared servers.
- Dedicated servers also require a higher level of technical skill to operate, Maintain. If you do not have skilled administrators, you have to spend little more for the Managed Services.
For more customisation on below given configurations Contact us for your requirements.